B. R. I. G. H. T. Historical Organization, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 Tax Exempt Non-Profit Organization. B. R. I. G. H. T. stands for “Blacks Righting Injustices and Gaining High Triumphs.” The organization supports the Black History Collection entitled, “Black Footprints: Blacks-Past and Present.” The BlackFootprints Collection consists of 13 oral and visual presentations that are presented at schools, community centers, churches, colleges, etc. The presentations use calendars, paintings, dolls, inventions, discoveries, scrapbooks, magazines, stamp collections, sculptures, games, quizzes, biographies, slavery artifacts and books, to name a few, to teach the one single theme of “self-esteem.”
Your donation to B. R. I. G. H. T. will allow our organization to continue following the keys to our success:
- Gather, identify, and categorize artifacts and information about the rich history and multi-faceted history of the African experience in various formats.
- Preserve the culture of Black Americans by presenting its history through verbal and visual presentations, exhibits and engaging the audiences in these activities.
- Provide a wealth of information through research and documentation of printed materials, photo scrapbooks, copious facsimiles of historical items and, in some cases, actual items, and audio/video recordings that help express the Black experience in America.
- Travel extensively where accessibility to schools, churches, community centers, boys’ and girls’ clubs, exhibits, workshops, seminars, lectures, conventions, expos, etc. can take place in a multicultural setting. This accessibility is for the purpose of educating the masses concerning African American’s rich heritage and its relevance to the continuation of a race.Gather, identify, and categorize artifacts and information about the rich history and multi-faceted history of the African experience in various formats.
- Organize and catalogue existing collections used in presentations sponsored by B. R. I. G. H. T. historical organization.
- Keep presentations at an economically affordable rate